NSF has released the 2016 Cybersecurity Innovation for Cyberinfrastructure (CICI) solicitation. As the Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (CCoE) funded under the 2015 CICI solicitation, CTSC is undertaking the following activities on which we invite current and proposed CICI projects to collaborate:
- Situational Awareness: As a CCoE, we will formalize the community notification process we have already begun under CTSC and provide a Cybersecurity Situational Awareness service for the NSF community. We will distribute vulnerability and other cybersecurity information to the NSF community, tailored for cyberinfrastructure, and CICI projects are welcome to disseminate our notifications to their communities and contribute to the information.
- Cybersecurity Program Guide: The Guide to Developing Cybersecurity Programs for NSF Science and Engineering Projects is available to help guide you in working with NSF projects in establishing cybersecurity programs.
- Training: CTSC has developed training materials tailored for the NSF community that we encourage you to use. We can also provide training ourselves as our schedule and travel budget allows.
- Monthly Online Webinars and Chats: As a CCoE, we will host monthly online webinars and chats (similar to the IAM Online series hosted by InCommon). We are happy to invite CICI awardees to present their work.
- Best practices on Reviews and Engagements: For Regional Cybersecurity Collaborations we are happy to share our experiences and lessons learned in collaborating with NSF projects to address their cybersecurity challenges. Lessons to-date can be found in our reports to NSF.